Do you like to play live backgammon? Then you’re most welcome at the Leuven Monthly, our monthly tournament series!
Participation is free for members and only 2 euro per tournament for non-members.
Whatever your level, from beginner to expert, feel free to come and join us for some live backgammon action!
Leuven Monthly Dates
- Friday, January 27, 19:45, in de Borrestaminee
- Friday, Friday 24, 19:45, in de Borrestaminee
- Sunday, March 26, 13:45, in Squash Club De Vaart, Kolonel Begaultlaan 15, 3012 Wilsele
- Sunday, April 23, 13:45, in Squash Club De Vaart
- Sunday, May 28, 13:45, at Johan’s
- Friday, June 23, 19:45, in de Borrestaminee
- July: no fixed date, players are invited to contact each other
- August: B.C.L. Backgammon Barbeque – date to be determined (2nd half of August)
- Sunday, September 24, in Squash Club De Vaart
- Sunday, October 22, in Squash Club De Vaart
- Friday, November 24, venue to be determined
- Friday, December 22, venue to be determined
PS: The 9th Leuven Open will take place on Sunday, November 12, 2017, in the Brasserie De Abdijmolen in Heverlee.
We play in two different venues, depending on the day of the week:
- Friday: Borrestaminee, Speelpleinstraat 10, 3360 Bierbeek
- Sunday: Sport & Squash Club De Vaart, Kolonel Begaultlaan 15, 3012 Wilsele.
A monthly tournament consists of three matches: two 7-point matches and one 5-point match.
We play with the doubling cube and the clock.
If you plan to come a couple of months in a row, then you can even aspire to become our next Club Champion! See the Club Championship 2017 page for details.
Registration is required: we make the pairings in advance, so that in between matches, you need to wait less.
How to register?
- Write to BackgammonClubLeuven@gmail.com
Please do so at latest by 19:00 on Fridays and by 13:00 on Sundays.