Do you like to play live backgammon? Then you’re most welcome at the Leuven Monthly, our monthly tournament series!
Participation is free for members and only 2 euro per tournament for non-members.
Whatever your level, from beginner to expert, feel free to come and join us for some live backgammon action!
Leuven Monthly Dates
- Friday, January 27, 19:45, in de Borrestaminee
- Friday, Friday 24, 19:45, in de Borrestaminee
- Sunday, March 26, 13:45, in Squash Club De Vaart
- Sunday, April 23, 13:45, in Squash Club De Vaart
- Sunday, May 28, 13:45, at Johan’s
- Friday, June 23, 19:45, in de Borrestaminee
- July: no fixed date, players are invited to contact each other
- August: B.C.L. Backgammon Barbeque – date to be determined (2nd half of August)
- Sunday, September 24, in Squash Club De Vaart
- Sunday, October 22, in Squash Club De Vaart
- Friday, November 24, venue to be determined
- Friday, December 22, venue to be determined
PS: The date of the Leuven Open 2017 is to be determined; probably Sunday, November 12 or 19.
We play in two different venues, depending on the day of the week:
- Friday: Borrestaminee, Speelpleinstraat 10, 3360 Bierbeek
- Sunday: Sport & Squash Club De Vaart, Kolonel Begaultlaan 15, 3012 Wilsele.
A monthly tournament consists of three matches: two 7-point matches and one 5-point match.
We play with the doubling cube and the clock.
If you plan to come a couple of months in a row, then you can even aspire to become our next Club Champion! See the Club Championship 2017 page for details.
Registration is required: we make the pairings in advance, so that in between matches, you need to wait less.
How to register?
- Write to BackgammonClubLeuven@gmail.com
Please do so at latest by 19:00 on Fridays and by 13:00 on Sundays.